Creamy Green Pea Recipe
Posted: Nov 20 2014
- 300g of either meat, seafood or 2 cups of diced veggies – carrots, potatoes, pumpkin
- 2 tbs oil or Indian ghee (clarified butter)
- one and 1/2 cups of coconut milk or fresh cream
- 1 onion diced
- handful of fresh coriander leaves
Serve as is with some warm Indian roti breads or over some piping hot rice or with a delicious tandoori chicken.
Excellent with grilled fish or chicken for a wholesome one pot meal.
Garnish with coriander leaves and generous dollops of natural yogurt or sour cream.
Deliciously quick & easy cooking steps:
- Rinse green split peas in a sieve under cold water for 30 seconds. Drain well.
- Heat saucepan over low heat. Add oil or ghee + onion, sauté until golden brown. Add either meat or veggies, sauté for 2 minutes. Add enclosed packet of spices, sauté for 30 seconds until golden brown.
- Add rinsed green split peas to saucepan, with 2 and 1/2 cups of cold water + one and 1/2 cups of coconut milk or fresh cream. Bring dish to boil on high and cook for 15 minutes. (if using seafood add at this point). Optional: add chilli for extra kick.
- Cook for further 30 minutes over medium heat with lid on. Stir occasionally, til either meat, seafood or veggies are cooked and lentils are soft and thick. Enjoy wholesomely!
Seafood requires shorter cooking time. Add towards the end of the cooking process to avoid over-cooking.* blitz dish in a blender for a silky curry sauce.